Felicity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Meet Your Makers • Staff

ISABELLE CAULDINE
played by RACH

5th Yr. Prima Ballerina

SIMON THEODORE
played by BENBRYO

5th Yr. Theatre Geek

ISAAC CAULDINE
played by ASHLEIGH

5th Yr. Bandaid

Chitter Chatter
Important Events

Mandatory • Ending July 17th
January 2009
Weather

Snowy • Hi: 17º F • Lo: 4º F

Drivers should proceed with caution while driving on roads before they have been cleared. Up to two inches expected to fall overnight. For more information and updates on the weather, visit World News Broadcasting online.
Character Of The Month

ISABELLE CAULDINE
Played by Rach

A fifth year prima ballerina with a realistic lifestyle, a wonderful sense of humor, and a delightful plot. Congratulations go to Rach on winning this month's award!
DAISY, DAISY
Photobucket
Rock ’n’ Roleplay

More From Felicity
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] 14o1zrq

Pop! Goes The Cherry
»"Oh, WG, have you really know decency? This is kind of old news, but it looks like IC might have paid off a few people, like the true politician’s daughter that she is, to keep this little gem on the hush hush. But oh, IC, IC, don’t you know that nothing is safe from me?"

Oh, Baby, Baby!
»"Hey Harrimaners, sorry for my brief abscence, but I’ve been just too busy trying to keep track of all the gossip in this school to even be able to write about it! But this little piece of news was just TOO good for even a busy bee like me to pass up."

Photobucket

World News Broadcasting 03.19.09
»"Yet another car bomb went off in Iraqiranistan at approximately 3 PM this afternoon. Casualties were numbered at as many as twenty Iraqistanis, as well as three American soldiers, and thirty of both parties wounded. A statement has not been issued by the army as to the potential terrorists, but WNB is willing to guesstimate that Tyler Durden + Sack Of Mothballs = Big Explosion"

Maine to Pass Bill for Heavy Budget Cuts; Sports, Arts Suffer
» "Maine has been following the precedent set by several other United States school boards and has been cutting funding significantly to schools, especially for fine arts programs. While this mostly affects public schools, it will also affect a small number of private and magnet schools that receive fundings, grants, and scholarships for students from the government."
Affiliates

cigarettes and chocolate milk RPG-D All We Know cupid

Latest topics
» gaski domki nad morzem
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 am by Guest

» Ищу качественную заправку картриджей...
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm by Guest

» fish oil research
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 am by Guest

» ilawa hotele
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am by Guest

» Study 83 Physicians Drug Testing
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 am by Guest

» hardcore free pics only
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm by Guest

» slawa domki na sprzedaz
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am by Guest

» EdmefoWkes
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 am by Guest

» прием врача гинеколога
Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 pm by Guest

Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] Empty Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]]

Post  Darnell Allred Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:18 am

Darnell lay across his bed, his iPod headphone buds continuously falling out of his ears- bugging the h, e, double hockeysticks out of him in the process. Linkin Park just did not sound the same when you missed every other word. His face contorted into that frustrated scrunched up look that it always got when he had a bad day and really really wanted some type of smoke. But that just wasn't an option. No, he'd been off that track for quite some time now.

He rolled off of his bed and decided it was time to do something. Well... what could he do? His eyes scanned the room. He saw a trash can, some wires, his shoes, a coat rack and some duck tape. His eyes narrowed as some sort of light bulb when off in his mind.

Twenty minutes and a whole lot of duck tape later the trash can was hanging from the doorway with the coat rack on it's back, and his shoe had been wrapped with wires to make it rounder, and then taped over with tape to make it smoother. Basketball. Except... more like, trash-can-shoe-wire-tape-ball. Whatev. To each his own.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] Empty Re: Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]]

Post  Abigail Applebottom Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:54 am

Her feet slowly dragged up the stairs, creaking against the wooden floorboards in her bright blue flats. She had absolutely nothing to do and was utterly bored, so had decided to seek Darnell out. However, when Abi had searched the common room, she couldn't find him and was about to run around the school - a thought which she only now realised sounded rather desperate when one of his room mates had kindly pointed out that Darnell was upstairs. Staring at the notice in front of her 'Seventh year, Boys Dorm', Abi knocked sharply. She'd hate to barge in and find something.. embarassing. Her cheeks grew warm at the very thought, that would be embarassing for them both!

Deciding to just barge straight in there, Abi tightly shut her eyes, hoping that it wasn't going to be at all embarrassing. She covered her eyes with her left hand, just in case and violently pushed the door open. "You're decent, right?" Abi asked unsurely, half-wondering whether to peek and check, except that would defeat the whole point of the question. She rubbed her eye sleepily behind her hand, it was early. Just after breakfast, on a Saturday morning, and sadly, Abi had nothing on her calendar for today.

"Are you as bored as me?" Abi asked, slowly lowering her head to her side. "There's absolutely nothing to do" She stated, boredly as she smiled at Darnell. "What are you doing up here?"
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]] Empty Re: Chillaxin's a dying art [[o p e n]]

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:06 am

Darnell was just about to take his shot. He'd finished taping the... err... excuse for a basketball... it looked more like a deflated football in shape really... anyway- he was just about to take his shot, and then- the door opened! He cocked his head to the side, surprised- pleasantly of course- to see Abigail push through, her hand over her eyes. He laughed,

"Define decent." Of course he knew what she was talking about- he just loved to tease her- maybe her face would get all pink. That was always a lovely sight. "Eep!" He squealed when her hand came down, his laughter filling the room all the more. He was, of course, fully dressed. He happened to like clothes. "I am as bored if not more bored than you are. And that is the gawshdarn awful truth. Nothing but a good game of trash-can-shoe-wire-tape-ball... " he frowned as he stated the new name of the game. It sounded lamer than it was... actually... that might be arguable. "I'm sure I'll be done in a moment..."

He tossed the trash-can-shoe-wire-tape-ball toward the trash can. It hit off the wall and fell into the trash can, which under the weight came untaped from the door and fell, clankity-clanking between the door and wall, until it hit the floor. Darnell's face scrunched up as he watched, flinching with each clankity-clank. His eyes finally rose to meet Abi's.

"Done."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:23 am

"You know what I mean!" Abi laughed, and quickly jumped when he squealed at her. Walking towards him as he explained what he had been doing, making a trash-can-shoe-wire-tape-ball, "Sounds fun" She looked at it strangely, it was such an odd shape and hardly able to be called a ball anyway. "Ok" Abi nodded, her eyes following the ball as it bounced from the wall, her head turning to the sound, lifting her head up, to the trash-can right behind her. Abi watched in what seemed like slow-motion, as the trash-can fell from between the door and wall, to the hard floor with a loud dramatic clang quickly followed with the ball, yet another sharp sound. Her eyes blinked, Abi quickly turned around to face Darnell, smiling "If I had been standing there!" She trailed off, trying not to laugh at what she was picturing.

Either the trash-can could have hit her in the head, or landed on her head, followed by the ball, both sounded immensely amusing. Perhaps her strange mood was due to the lack of nothing to do, Abi supposed it did sound a little desperate. She stopped next to Darnell, and flopped down on his bed, "It's a Saturday" Abi stated, absentmindedly, just thinking out loud. Her light blonde hair, splayed about her head, she pouted. "I know!" Abi jolted up right, smiling. "Let's play a game!" She said excitedly.

She glanced around the room, "I don't know what.." Well that was a complete waste of time, Abi sighed. Shutting her eyes, and falling forward to rest her head on her arm, which was resting on her knee.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:16 am

Darnell gave Abi his best innocent face as she began to threaten him about her standing where she was and the trash can falling and what not. He could see it play over and over in his head- and as funny as it would have been- he didn't want that little blemish on their hanging out record. She might think he was too dangerous a guy to chill with- and he really wasn't the James Dean type. At least... not anymore.

Darnell laughed as she said it was Saturday. Way to state the obvious. Ahh, well, just another symptom of boredom. "Hmm..." he wondered aloud. "Well... I could always fire up the old laptop computer- maybe I could finally get you into playing Call of Duty, eh?!" Oh yes, Darnie had become quite the techie since the start of his straight-edgedom. He'd needed something to pre-occupy his mind, and what was better than video games? Nada, of course!

Excited beyond the possibility of unconvincing at this prospect, he slumped off of his bed and reached under, feeling around for his thin black PC. Finding it beside some dust bunnies and some broken guitar sticks, he pulled it up and onto his bed and flipped the top open. He pressed the on button and the screen flickered to life. "It's real simple- I should definitely set it up on the desk though... I'll need to plug the mouse in too..." He did all of this remarkably fast. He'd always told Abi about the game and she'd always denied him the pleasure of teaching her! Girls were so discriminatory against guy games. It wasn't even that bloody. "You are going to play, right?"
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:03 am

Abi couldn't help smiling at his cute 'innocent' face, cute. Abi wondered if that really was the word she should use for her friend, it was weird. She remembered that her birthday would be in a few weeks, just after Darnells. That reminded her, Abi still needed to get a present, although she had no clue what to get him. Perhaps a new laptop? As Darnell suggested firing up the old laptop, Call of Duty. Abi frowned, she had heard that name before, it was some ridiculous shooting game that she had never been a big fan of. "You can try!" Abi answered, pessimistically. Darnell seemed to want to play it, she wouldn't mind just watching and talking to Darnell.

Darnell jumped up, reaching under the bed, bouncing the bed beyond belief at the movement. Abi sat there, eyebrow raised wondering if the game really was worth the energy Darnell was using. All the same, Darnell did seem to like something about it. Darnell began muttering to himself, Abi couldn't be bothered to listen to the techno-babble spouting from him so proceeded to play around on his iPod, laying abandoned by his pillow. She scrolled through the songs, clicking on each playlist and seeing if anything had changed from the last time she had searched through it.

"You are going to play, right?"

Abi looked up, clueless "Eh. Yeah" She smiled, her head immediately switching down back to the iPod. Hopefully, Darnell wouldn't make it all scary like last time, it truly was a dull game, all the banging and screaming. Scoring up at the end, truly sick. That was just her opinion anyway.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:19 am

Abi didn't seem so into this whole Call of Duty thing. And as quickly as Darnell's excitement about teaching her the basics and getting her as addicted to it as he was had come- it went. He twisted in his chair to see her going through his iPod, and he smiled a little.

"You should check out the new Boulevard of Broken Dreams mix I got in there. Under Green Day, of course-" He closed the laptop halfway and jumped back onto his bed beside her. "And I actually put one of those songs you'd played in your car once... by uhh... what's that girl's name again?... I can't even remember now..."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:40 am

Abi didn't mind Darnell playing his game, but it seemed he wasn't as interested in it now. As soon as he made the comment about Green Day, she immediately flicked out of a song and through to Artists. "Ooh. I haven't heard that" Abi turned her head, listening to the strange introduction, waiting for the singing. It was different, the singing was offbeat to the guitar playing and mixed in with someone else. It was pretty cool. "Not bad" Abi said with a smile, she loved those lyrics.

She paused it for a second as Darnell said he had another song that she had played in her car. Abi thought for a moment, that could be anything, she had played her own cd in her car. "Seriously!?" She frowned, "How many cds have I played with a female singer?!" Abi laughed, she had no idea who Darnell was thinking of. "Let me see" She muttered, scrolling through the artists, wondering who on Earth he was on about.

"You can't remember..What did it sound like?" Abi stopped scrolling up through the 'Y' section as she looked towards Darnell. "When did I play it?" She was itching to know who he had added now, Abi was trying to remember all of the singers she had played in her car, about five were in her mind.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:54 am

Darnell's face scrunched up a little as he wondered who the artist he was trying to remember was. He reached between his bed and the wall and pulled out a Nerf Football, nearly ripped in half- aah man... well... whatever. He tossed it up in the air and caught it- and repeated this process as he began to name out names out loud,

"Uhhhh- Amy Winehouse? Michelle Branch? Vanessa Carlton? Corinne something-or-other Rae? Kelly Clarkson? Uhh that Miley Circus girl? Oooh ooh- Taylor Swiftly?" He laughed, turning on to his side and peering up at Abi- his head was nearly in her lap. "I can keep going for hours. Just tell me if I get something right." His face scrunched up into that thinking expression again as he considered the when. "Uhh- honestly, do you think I'd remember? Haha- I have the attention span of a teenage knat." This brought out yet another chuckle.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:48 am

Abi grinned at Darnells face, watching him playing with the ball, while she waited for his answer. Her eyes followed the ball, up and down as he threw it around, "No. No. No. Corinne Baily Rae? I don't think so" Abi looked at him weirdly, "Why would you have any of their songs?!" She laughed, "Possibly. Ugh. Miley Cyrus, most definitely not!!" Abi continued laughing at the ridiculous name he gave Taylor Swift. He looked up at her from the side and she shook her head, at what he said, he got most stuff right. "No you don't!" Abi frowned, flicking his hair, she heard a little chuckle and rolled her eyes.

"Ok. Beyoncé? Katy Perry?" Abi laughed as she thought of a few others, "Gwen Stefani? Rihanna? Or am I way off base?" She sighed, oh well. Abi poked the ball Darnell was holding, while still clutching Darnells iPod. Glancing down at him, she gave a half-smile, he looked quite cute like that. Abi realised that wasn't exactly a normal thought, from friend to friend, but it was true. Although, what did that mean? It was so complicated. "Argh" Abi lay down on the bed, lying next to her, practically in her face were Darnells feet, socks and all. "Ew." She turned her head away, staring up at the ceiling. Abi felt weird, not weird, weird, but Darnell weird. This was strange.

She frowned, perhaps it wasn't the best thing being around him when she was thinking like this, but she loved being around him. Abi blinked, the best thing would be to talk to someone, but Darnell was out of the question, she wondered how he'd take what she would say, completely blank her or just stare at her as if she was someone he'd never seen before.

Even if she did say anything, Abi wouldn't even know what to say, just that she liked Darnell. He was a great friend but why was there this strange thing, that was thinking about something else?
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:33 am

Darnell shrugged. He didn't even know where he'd heard these names. Maybe scrolling through the music page of Yahoo, or flicking through MTV or VH1. Or maybe on the radio while driving around over the summer... before he totaled his car. Darnie held in his sigh; replaced it with a laugh, instead.

"Uhhh Katy Perry? The one who kissed a girl right?" Darnell shook his head. "No not her- Gwen Stefani... yeah, I think that's it. She's the one who sang about bananas! I liked that whole spelling part. Reminds me of that Demetri Martin joke... haha... Banana... how many na's are on this thing?!" He laughed, knowing that his little speech was rather eclectic. He normally wouldn't care less, but as he looked up at Abi's face, her little half smile, he got a little self-conscious.

She let out an "Argh" and laid down. "Ew," came next.

"Ay, I'm not that bad..." Darnell pulled his feet in and sat up, so he could look at Abi. "You alright? Is something wrong?" He sat cross-legged beside her. He tried to think how he could brighten up this boring day. Where could they go?
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:50 am

"Gwen Stefani?" Abi nodded, "Na, na, na?" She laughed, understanding the joke. "Nah, not bad at all" She muttered under her breath, watching him carefully as he shifted his feet and sat up, away from her. "Ok. Cards?" Abi asked randomly, they hadn't played cards in a while, and there was probably some sort of reason that she had forgotten. "Nothing's wrong" She shook her head, "Or we could play that weird game? Call the Duty?" Abi blinked, sitting up, facing Darnell.

She remembered playing cards a year or two back, it was probably one of the funniest times she had ever had with Darnell. "Snap comes to mind" Abi slowly nodded as she thought about it, it was a very childish thought but it would be pretty funny. She flicked her hair back, but they needed cards, maybe they should just play around on his computer or something. "Or!" Abi's eyes grew wide "Playing around on your computer, until we get bored.. again?".

"What do you want to do?"
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:37 pm

Darnell wasn't so much of a cards person unless he was playing B.S. and that was mostly because he like the excuse to shout bullsh-t across a room. But he remembered once having a pretty awesome time playing cards with Abi. But then again... he always had an awesome time with Abi no matter what they were or were not doing. It was just a given. Abi equaled awesomeness. Hands down... although they really wanted to be somewhere else.

Woah.

Darnell snapped back into it. He was spacing out on Abi, and the spaciness episode he had just had was all about Abi, of course. "Umm, well, I can look around the room and see if I have any cards while you start out on Call of Duty." Darnell laughed. But he'd gotten those singers' names wrong so... he really couldn't talk. He flipped the laptop top back up and clicked into the game, taking a moment to set Abi up on the first tutorial level. "There ya go, see how you do... I really want to see this."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:34 pm

Abi smiled sheepishy, "My bad", half-laughing along with Darnell, half-ticked off that he was laughing. She shrugged, knowing he had messed up with the names of all of those singers earlier, Darnell started setting up the laptop, a series of sounds emanating from it, none sounding too pleasant. "See how? I can see before I play. It's going to end badly" Abi grinned, "Of course you do. You just want to see me suffer!" She poked him in the shoulder for good measure, rolling her eyes as Abi turned back to the screen, staring at it and then turning back to Darnell. "What do I do?" She lifted an eyebrow, her mouth a tiny 'o', her hand pointing to the screen.

She took note, that they didn't even have any female soldiers, a bit sexist but considering what they were wearing, Abi was happy that it was just the guys looking bad. A general.. sergent person began barking orders, in order for her to what? Be promoted? "What on Earth? I swear I've never done this before" Abi frowned, her fingers tapping on the arrow keys lightly, leaning back as if the computer was some sort of foreign object.

Abi observed the little man running around the screen, "I hope watching this, doesn't affect you finding that pack of cards" She stated, still looking at the screen, a smile upon her lips. Abi tried to concentrate on what was going on, trying to keep up with the instructions, "Seriously! This game is wacked" She muttered, still figuring out all of the keys. The man grabbed a pistol, "Ooh! Can I shoot the soldier? Or will I be arrested?" Abi asked, holding the key down until the man faced the 'commanding officer'.

Perhaps this was a cool game. Just pretend that was someone, Abi was a little.. annoyed with and then she could take back all of her previous thoughts about the game and take it all out on some virtual 'thing'. "I think there's a reason that I don't play this game" She said sourly, as the pistol she was pointing towards the officer missed by miles.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:36 pm

Darnell pretended to be looking around for the cards but really he was much more concerned with watching Abi's progress in the game. If she got into it then it would be just another thing that they could have in common, that they could talk about- and another reason to invite her over on boring days, or any day at all. Or at least, it'd be another anticdote to tell later on that included the both of them, and it'd make him smile.

He laughed at just about all of her comments. "Just wait, you'll see!" He pointed to the screen as she did.

"Well, I'd hope you haven't... really... that'd be kind of creepy..." he laughed, referring of course to her holding a gun and being on a battlefield rather than just playing the game.

He really was just watching her and of course she caught on- she was too smart. "You're too smart Abi- you make me look bad," he chuckled. "I'm looking, I'm looking..." He ducked under his bed for a total of five seconds and popped back up. "Done looking. Nope, no cards, guess you're stuck playing this." Then came the question of shooting the soldier. "No, he's on your side! Oh geez... oh look! Cards! I found them!" He lifted the pack he'd pretended not to see before up into the air. Abi was killing Call of Duty! Clearly, this really wasn't her game. "Now what did you want to play again?"
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:18 am

She frowned, someone was telling her what to do, but why couldn't they do it? "I'll see?" Abi looked at him unsurely, "Ok then" she turned her head back to the screen "Of course I haven't! Who do you think I am!?" Abi opened her mouth wide in shock, her eyes wide. She clicked the mouse, and began running around the room, shooting targets and trying to concentrate on the instructions, although they were too vague. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" The sad tone in her voice wasn't exactly what she was going for, as she once again turned her face to meet his, Abi hoped the smirk on her face showed that she was only joking around. "Since when? I've never made you seem bad? Have I?" Abi stopped clicking on the mouse, waiting for him to answer.

Darnell ducked under the bed for a moment, she resumed moving about the screen, until it finally announced something...failing? "No cards? I swear you heard some" Abi dropped her hands to her lap, sliding around the chair, to face Darnell, when suddenly he said he found them. She smiled, that meant that Darnell didn't need to laugh at her anymore. "Yay!" Abi jumped out of the chair, "Uh, snaps? You know how to play snaps, right?" Abi asked him, she couldn't remember playing that game, but it was pretty simple, and childish. One of those games you played when you were completely bored, "Or we can play something more fun?" She shrugged, it was up to him. So long as Abi didn't need to play that game anymore.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:50 am

Darnell threw himself onto his bed and exhaled deeply. He had no idea how to play Snaps. He did not remember how to play Snaps. And quite honestly, he didn't want to. He wasn't one for cards... but considering Abi was into it, he could be into it too.

"Uhhhhh suuure. I think so. Let's just start. You deal." He leaned toward her, and then... something struck him. "Woah... I just had a thought. Isn't Homecoming coming up?"

This idea really hit him. Hard. He thought, woah, Homecoming is coming and I'm not going with anyone. Not that he really cared... okay yes he did. He wanted to go with Abi. Otherwise he had no intention of going at all.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:08 am

Abi sat down on the bed, next to Darnell and grabbed the cards from him. "Ok" She sighed, flipping the cards and shuffling them roughly. "Yep. You only just realised?" Laughter in her voice, Homecoming had been announced a while back, and no one had asked her. She wasn't that really bothered, she figured that herself and Darnie would just turn up together, it was no big deal. Abi was surprised that he was asking her this question, "Haven't you asked anyone yet?" She lifted her eyes from the cards, to him, her fingers still shuffling the cards until she began dealing.

One to her, one to Darnell, one to her, one to Darnell. "It's an underwater theme this year" Abi muttered, "I don't have a clue what I'm going to wear, yet" She was chucking the cards onto the bed, in front of Darnell, eventually getting lazy, as the cards began reaching closer towards his head. "It's the ninth" Abi finally finished sorting the cards, she picked her pile up from the bed, straightening them out, before she turned them over. The decorative side facing her, Abi looked at Darnell "Keep them down, so you can't see the numbers. Then, just flick them out onto the bed, into the pile, once a number matches, or jack to jack, queen to queen, say snap. Ok?" It was a fairly simple game. Darnell wasn't stupid.

Abi began thinking about Homecoming, she knew Nikki and El were going together, that was sort of sweet, but she hadn't heard much about anyone else. She hoped that she and Darnell would go together, unless, they were going in a big group. Abi didn't want to though, it was weird, she wanted to go with Darnell, but he just wanted to go with everyone. As usual. It didn't matter, whatever he wanted to do, that lead her to what she wanted to wear. With all four of the dresses she had bought over, Abi didn't want to wear any of them to Homecoming, that meant that she would be going into town, hopefully with Nikki and Jay, for some help.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:29 am

"Aah, gotcha." Darnie stared at his hand for a few seconds- unable to see the cards- but he didn't need to. He wasn't focused on them, he was thinking about Homecoming. He was picturing himself standing beside Abi, dancing with her... He wasn't sure about this though... but she hadn't been asked yet! That gave him a great chance!

"Nah, I haven't... I don't know what I'm wearing either... are guys supposed to wear tuxes to these things? I don't remember going last year... but I think I want to this year... you think you could help me out with that?" Then he realized another thing. And this was a really cool thing. "Hey- day after my birthday! Cool, I'll be eighteen for this homecoming. Boo.Yah."

Then he thought about something Abi'd just said. "Wait... underwater? Who comes up with these themes? What are we supposed to go like merpeople?! I think I'm gonna go in scuba gear come to think of it." He laughed, placing down his first card. A King.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:39 am

Abi nodded, "I think so, like a suit thing. I've never really had to think about it. Ask El" She shrugged, Abi couldn't remember what anyone had worn last time, "Yeah! You're coming this year! It's our last year!" She smiled, as if Darnell wouldn't go. They had to go, otherwise it would be completely sad, and not to mention boring. "Help you out with what?" Abi frowned, what did he mean? He had to explain more, rather than just one sentence. Darnell mentioned his birthday, Abi still didn't know what to get him! She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Lucky you!" She poked her tongue out, "Right before mine. I'm so jealous. Just by a few days!" Abi held out her fingers approximately an inch apart, showing how close the dates of their birthdays were.

"Underwater, sounds weird" Abi sighed, "I have no idea what they were thinking. She laughed, "Yeah, complete with tail and all! Could you imagine" She giggled at the thought of Darnell looking like a merman, it was weird! Abi tried to push away the picture in her mind, "Scuba gear?!" Darnell had guts, she honestly hoped he was joking, but she really couldn't tell. "I'm sure your date wouldn't be happy!" Abi tilted her head, "Then again, that depends on how good it looks, I suppose" She grinned. Lifting up her top card and placing it on top of Darnells, a nine, no where near a snap.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:51 am

Darnell put his next card down. A nine. Nine. It was fitting. Nine. As in the ninth. As in Homecoming as in... date? Date. Hmm... Darnell couldn't match up any other face with that word other than Abi's. Did she think of him when she thought of Homecoming? He could only imagine... and he imagined she didn't. Abi knew so much about him... all the crap he did and how lazy and awful he was... she probably wouldn't think of him how he thought of her... Still...

"Do you want to go with me- like- go together- like with El and Nikki, too probably... I guess..." This all came out as calmly and collectively as Darnell could manage. But even so, it ended in somewhat of a mumble. Wait... nine? That's what Abi just put down! "Oh- oh!" Suddenly, he'd forgotten what to say. What was the name of the game again? Ummm... "Clap!"

He frowned. No... that wasn't it...
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:02 am

"Do you want to go with me- like- go together- like with El and Nikki, too probably... I guess..." Abi's eyes went wide, her hand hovering over the next card. Did he mean, like how El and Nikki were going. As a date? Or just with El and Nikki? Abi swallowed, "Yeah, sure!" She relaxed again, still replaying the question over in her mind. She couldn't concentrate on the stupid game now! Abi snorted, "Clap!!" She lay her head on the bed, trying to muffle her laughter, "It's snap, you twit!" Abi shook her head, lifting it up, her face showing a bright smile, "Do you mean" She paused, how could she phrase her question, without seeming like she wanted him to say yes? There was no way.. "like.. a date? Together? Or.. just as friends?" Abi tapped the top of the card nervously, why was she nervous.

It was Darnell! Her bestest friend in the whole wide world. She'd never been like this with anyone else, so why was it so different? Abi knew the answer, there was no point in even asking, as if he would take her! He deserved someone so much better, way above her, there wasn't even someone that she could even approve. There was no one, that would ever deserve Darnell. Abi frowned at the random thought, trying to think of Darnell with a girlfriend, it was a weird thought, something she had never considered before.

Abi didn't like thinking about it, it wasn't something she would want to think about anymore, unless of course the time arised. That wasn't going to be for a while, hopefully!
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:38 am

Feel free to correct or anything on the history stuff I put in if you want it to be different or something. I was just going with the flow. :]

Darnell managed a smile as Abi laughed at him for his confusion of 'Clap' and 'Snap'. He waved his hand at her, she was obviously trying not to laugh as much as she wanted to. But he didn't mind. Not at all really. And besides, he was going with her to the Homecoming dance! That was enough to make him want to bounce off the walls! Or float to the ceiling! Or clap! Or snap!

Then came the clarification question. "Together..." He let this word sink in for a second, but her tapping of her cards was making him nervous and he couldn't hold his tongue or slow the flurry of anxious thoughts in his mind, all telling him that she wouldn't want to go with him, "as friends... of course... that's how we should go right?" His eyes dropped down to his cards. Wait... what was he supposed to do now that he'd called Clap... errr... Snap. Or had she called Snap? Technically she had... since she'd said it first... but... he'd meant to say it- oooh man this game was almost more confusing than this whole Homecoming thing!

But that's how they should be. Friends. Darnie would be Abi's bestest friend, always have her back, protect her from all the jerks out there and that'd be that. Because really, he still considered himself to be one of the jerks out there. And Abi could do so much better than him. He'd done so much crap... he'd lived such an insignificant life... Harriman was the best deal he'd ever been cut- and Abi was the best thing that'd ever happened to him. He could remember actually crying in front of her once- when he was first trying to go straightedge. He'd actually called her drunk a couple of times- whether she knew it or not- he prayed to God she'd never noticed the slurring, since that was really the only audible change in him when he was drunk. And he could remember how disappointed in himself he'd felt when he couldn't quit smoking cigarettes and he'd told her he'd given up on that little battle. Even though she'd never make him feel bad about himself, she told him she was proud of him for all that he had accomplished already... he still felt like sh-- that entire day. Come to think of it- he really wanted a smoke right then... but he didn't have any on him da--it. He had no cash on him last time he'd been at the store... where was Will when Darnie actually wanted the guy around? He always had something... and yet that was half the problem...

His hand started shaking a little bit, he was feeling that all too familiar physical ache that came with his tobacco addiction. He was looking up at her, and trying to make his hands look busy by shuffling his cards around. Anything to ease this awkwardness.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:49 pm

I love your post, history is great! I added a bit of my own, hope it's ok.

Abi looked at Darnell, wondering what he was going to say, as soon as 'friends' came from his mouth she nodded. "Yeah. 'Course!" Abi watched Darnell look back down to his cards, "It's not a snap, because the cards didn't match? So we keep going" She waited for the next card to come, although she couldn't see Darnells face, he didn't seem all bouncy and happy as he was earlier. He probably felt bad about something, but Abi didn't know what, Darnell was always thinking about stuff that had happened ages ago. She looked down at the bed, smoothing down the cover, waiting for him to finally put his card down.

Abi saw Darnell look up at her, she smiled back looking at the cards, and the shaking of his hands. Abi frowned, she wasn't stupid, even when he tried covering it up, the small jerky movements wasn't exactly hard to miss, she remembered when he had been smoking the same thing had happened, "I thought you stopped?" Abi wasn't annoyed, just irritated. Since when had Darnell started smoking again? She looked away from his hands, and down to her own, "Don't tell me you've been doing it behind my back?" Abi swallowed, a little laughter detected in her voice. She hated it when he smoked, through everything, he'd finally said to her he'd stopped!

If he hadn't, why did he say so? Abi thought that was why he was acting odd all day, but she would have noticed if he'd had one, she'd always been able to smell them on him. At least, that was all Abi could remember, but when she was trying to find him one day, she found him drinking and talking to some random guy. She'd felt so guilty about not going to talk to him, but had never had the guts to go up and ask what he was doing. "I hope you're not going to wear a scuba outfit to Homecoming then?" Abi smiled. They were going together, as friends but it was probably better that way. It would just ruin their friendship when they decided it wasn't going to work out.

Abi was too curious, noticing the small movement of his hands, it made her wonder. She moved around, sliding her legs around and laying down so she was in the same position as Darnell. "Have you been lying to me?" Abi asked, head-on, she'd asked honestly. It was his choice, whether he decided to tell her the truth.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:21 am

Snap. Hmph. What Darnell really needed was to Snap back into reality. He put down his next card. A three.

"I thought you stopped?" Oh great, this was exactly what Darnell needed. At first, he didn't know what to say- he didn't really want to say anything at all. It was a rhetorical question as far as he was concerned. Obviously, by the shaking of his hands, hands which he now shoved into his pockets- he had not entirely quit. "Don't tell me you've been doing it behind my back?"

Now this, this question merited a reply. "No!... Well, I mean... no- not behind your back just..." Darnell let out a long sigh. "My summer got pretty stressful- I didn't plan on it or anything- I said I'd stop before coming back to school..." He shuffled his cards in his restless hands, he just couldn't keep still. "But then it's not hard to find this kind of stuff here- and just cigarettes! God no, I'm not smoking anything else... just..." He shut himself up for a second, his eyes looking down at the cards in his quivering hands. "I'm sorry Abi- really... I didn't want you to know- I was only hiding it because I kept thinking I'd quit eventually and then you wouldn't need to know... I didn't want you to worry and I didn't want to disappoint you either..."

He managed a soft chuckle. "No, no scuba gear... and no cigarettes either..." He looked up and tried to smile- it wasn't really working...

"Have you been lying to me?" Lying?! Oh God. Darnell was trapped. He was looking at the sweetest face in the entire world, just staring at her head on, and she'd asked him the one question that could totally and completely destroy him inside. And he couldn't lie to her... not now...

"I'd never do anything to upset you- or hurt you, you know? You're my best friend and Abi I-" Oh God. What was about to leave his mouth? "I like you- to be happy... I want you to be happy- not worry about me..." The volume of his voice kept dropping... he sighed. Why was he such an epic failure? "I only lied to protect you..."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum