Felicity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Meet Your Makers • Staff

ISABELLE CAULDINE
played by RACH

5th Yr. Prima Ballerina

SIMON THEODORE
played by BENBRYO

5th Yr. Theatre Geek

ISAAC CAULDINE
played by ASHLEIGH

5th Yr. Bandaid

Chitter Chatter
Important Events

Mandatory • Ending July 17th
January 2009
Weather

Snowy • Hi: 17º F • Lo: 4º F

Drivers should proceed with caution while driving on roads before they have been cleared. Up to two inches expected to fall overnight. For more information and updates on the weather, visit World News Broadcasting online.
Character Of The Month

ISABELLE CAULDINE
Played by Rach

A fifth year prima ballerina with a realistic lifestyle, a wonderful sense of humor, and a delightful plot. Congratulations go to Rach on winning this month's award!
DAISY, DAISY
Photobucket
Rock ’n’ Roleplay

More From Felicity
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] 14o1zrq

Pop! Goes The Cherry
»"Oh, WG, have you really know decency? This is kind of old news, but it looks like IC might have paid off a few people, like the true politician’s daughter that she is, to keep this little gem on the hush hush. But oh, IC, IC, don’t you know that nothing is safe from me?"

Oh, Baby, Baby!
»"Hey Harrimaners, sorry for my brief abscence, but I’ve been just too busy trying to keep track of all the gossip in this school to even be able to write about it! But this little piece of news was just TOO good for even a busy bee like me to pass up."

Photobucket

World News Broadcasting 03.19.09
»"Yet another car bomb went off in Iraqiranistan at approximately 3 PM this afternoon. Casualties were numbered at as many as twenty Iraqistanis, as well as three American soldiers, and thirty of both parties wounded. A statement has not been issued by the army as to the potential terrorists, but WNB is willing to guesstimate that Tyler Durden + Sack Of Mothballs = Big Explosion"

Maine to Pass Bill for Heavy Budget Cuts; Sports, Arts Suffer
» "Maine has been following the precedent set by several other United States school boards and has been cutting funding significantly to schools, especially for fine arts programs. While this mostly affects public schools, it will also affect a small number of private and magnet schools that receive fundings, grants, and scholarships for students from the government."
Affiliates

cigarettes and chocolate milk RPG-D All We Know cupid

Latest topics
» gaski domki nad morzem
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 am by Guest

» Ищу качественную заправку картриджей...
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm by Guest

» fish oil research
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 am by Guest

» ilawa hotele
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am by Guest

» Study 83 Physicians Drug Testing
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 am by Guest

» hardcore free pics only
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm by Guest

» slawa domki na sprzedaz
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am by Guest

» EdmefoWkes
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 am by Guest

» прием врача гинеколога
i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 pm by Guest

i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] Empty i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]]

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:08 am

When Darnell had got that text he hung his head for a little bit and tried to think of any excuse to get him out of this. Talking to Abi- this was what he had just tried to avoid by telling her that they shouldn't talk anymore. How is it that the girl got talk more from let's stop talking? He squeezed his eyes shut for a few seconds, a pained expression ripping across his face as he realized he couldn't ignore this without becoming possibly the biggest dilweed idiot on the face of the earth. He had to meet up with her and admit pathetic defeat. There was no way he could look her in the eye and not break down into sincere apology. It just... wasn't going to happen.

He grabbed his jacket, paying absolutely no mind to the bit of extra weight that seemed to pull down on one side as he slipped it on. He flipped through his phone messages to the last one he'd received- from Abi- and read it again. Six... he'd walk around until then...

When six did roll around, he was right where he was supposed to be, sitting in the lot, on the curb, right in front of Abi's car. He wished he still had his old clunker... but it was totaled... he wasn't getting it back until he fixed it himself- that was the deal with his father. In the meantime, the rims had been stolen, and the entire front was still smashed into a rough indented V shape. Crap piece of metal...

He reached into his pocket, expecting a pack of cigarettes- but alas- he'd forgotten them back at the room. Instead... he found something else in that pocket...
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] Empty Re: i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]]

Post  Abigail Applebottom Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:28 am

Abi had spent the rest of the day, after sitting with the girls, and splitting up from there wondering around the school. Mainly keeping to the music wing until she wondered whether Darnell was walking around there, after that Abi kept to herself, staying in the dorm until 5.30 rolled around. She stared at the clock, her eyes unmoving, boring into the second hand, if was she was terribly optimistic she would move now.

Abi worked out how long it would actually take her to get down to the lot, taking into account how busy the halls were, and she could only reach a maximum of twenty minutes, she grabbed her car keys in any case. Rolling her eyes, before checking her appearance in a nearby mirror. There was no trace of her tears, apart from the sad look in her expression, her eyes dimmed as she walked down the stairs from their dorm, towards the main building.

Abi didn't know what Darnell would say, now they would be somewhere without the cigarettes and the distractions, hopefully, if he had half a brain. She pushed the door open, the dark caving in, Abi walking slowly out, almost dawdling in her walk, Abi had worked out several possible scenarios, running them through her mind trying to decipher which she would prefer.

One was, he was angry at her, did she not understand the no talking part or was she just dumb?
Second, Darnell didn't show, leaving Abi completely humiliated and embarrassed by someone who she would hate the rest of her life.
The final one, he said he showed up to say exactly what he said then. Except, he would be upset about it and say he was sorry but that was they way it should be.

Abi didn't like any of them. Taking a deep breath, she couldn't see anyone by her car, but she was just a little early. Checking her phone, Abi realised it was already six, but she couldn't see him, she took the path to her car, coming to a stop as she realised he was sat in front of it at the curb. He looked a little sad, was that a good thing? Or a bad?

Abi unfortunately had no idea. "Hi" She said quietly, she wasn't used to feeling so awkward around him, she didn't even think she could give him a hug. Technically they weren't even friends and she had said she would speak to him again. now here she was, just like him, Abi was sort of a hypocrite.

"You want to get in?" Abi reached into her pocket, taking out her car keys and unlocking her car. She watched him for a moment, wondering what he would do before she opened the drivers door and sat in, then shut the door.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]] Empty Re: i like where we are when we ride in your car [[ Abi ]]

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:40 am

In those first few seconds of turning and looking at Abi, his attention ripped away from whatever object was in his pocket, he considered that there was only one option of action. To stand up, wrap her in his arms and swear never to say anything so completely imbecilic ever ever again. Oh- and kiss her. He really wanted to do that. He breathed out- smoke emitting from between his lips. But not the cigarette kind, thankfully- and regrettably. Funny how a thing could be good and bad at the same time like that...

She said hi. He stared sadly at her face. She asked if he wanted to get in. Get in what? Oh- right- the car he was sitting in front of... He stood, his mouth twitching slightly into some sort of half smile for a moment. "Uh... Abs..." He cringed a little. "If I can even still call you that- um- I..." Turning frustratedly toward the car, he sighed, and stuffed his hands into his jean pockets. "Yeah... let's go someplace..."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 am

Abi saw the heat come from his mouth, it was cold outside, her car would heat up soon. Once Abi heard the nickname he gave her, she blinked slowly, this was going to be difficult. Abi gave a slow nod, Darnell was probably the only one that ever called her that, she couldn't exactly say no, it was only a name but . . to hear it coming from him. Abi turned on the ignition, not saying a word she waited until he got in until she reversed out of the space, and towards the exit of Harriman.

Her eyes focussed on the road, she slowed as they came to the stop sign, "I was thinking just a random drive, unless you want to go anywhere?" Abi asked, turning out towards town. They could go that way or further, depending on how long it took, even if they were late back, Abi really didn't care at the moment, but she didn't think it would take five hours.

Coming to a stop sign, she braked, taking the chance to look at Darnell. "How're you feeling?" She didn't know if he had drunk anything, but it was worth asking. He didn't look that great, but she probably didn't either, they both looked almost as bad as each other and it was ridiculous. "I still .. want to be your friend" Abi admitted, accelerating, her eyes turning to the road so she didn't need to look at Darnell. "It's too weird" It wasn't quite what she was meaning to say, but it would do.

Abi swallowed, her hands resting on the steering wheel, she didn't know where to go, but it matched how she was feeling at the moment. Not having a clue what to do about anything, Abi sneaked a look at Darnell. If she wasn't driving she'd give him the biggest hug ever and say for whatever she'd done she was sorry if only they could be friends again. Except, running that through her head, Abi did think it sounded a little pathetic, not to mention a little sappy.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:03 am

Darnell had a whole lot of things running around in his mind as Abi began to drive. It was like... he didn't even know how to describe it. It was just... difficult. He couldn't get all his thoughts together, couldn't make them make sense anymore. It was ridiculous. He wasn't used to being so unsure of himself. When things seemed crappy he'd always had his cigarettes or his alcohol- before Abi. Then she came and turned everything upside down- she became his addiction- but she was a person. He didn't care about the drugs he used- but he cared- he loved her. He could step on a cigarette- but her heart?

"Just pull over- over- over here, there's a field down this road- not like a park or anything, it's probably private property but no one'll notice- it's huge. I've been out there before."

He ignored the how he was feeling question. And the rest of what she said- but not because he wouldn't answer- because all of that was coming. He just couldn't say it in the car- not looking at her- and her not looking at him...
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 am

Abi frowned, listening to what he was saying, was he being deliberately evasive? She followed his directions anyway, turning into the road, carefully maneuvering down towards the field. She flicked her lights on, it was way too dark to actually be safe and she didn't want to crash into a hedge or something. "Ok. So long as you know where we're going.." She muttered, unsure. Abi bit her lip, a massive field then. Why on earth a massive field?!

Abi drove down the bumpy road, bouncing along, trying to be careful to be sure the car was ok. She'd hate to scratch it or something, or worse come back with it looking so muddy she'd have to clean it immediately. There was a gate coming up, presumably the field Darnell was talking about, it was certainly huge and the only field that Abi could see they would be able to get into.

The heating had been on in the car, Abi noticed the slight change in temperature as she opened her car door, turning off the engine and taking the key. The cold air rushing in, she shuddered, then slammed the door shut. "Here?" She raised an eyebrow in question, turning around to face him.

Abi shrugged, walking around the front of her car, until she got to the gate, locking the car behind her. "Why...here?" She asked, looking at Darnell. It was a huge field, that much was apparent but the reason for Darnell asking to come here was the ultimate question.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:42 am

Why here? Did he have an answer to that? Hm... well, he'd just have to be honest. He'd just have to adopt that policy to everything from now on. Maybe then things wouldn't be so screwed up.

"Here? Because the car is suffocatingly small and I need... I can't say- I don't feel like I can say what I want to say to you unless you're standing right in front of me. And here... here's as good a place as any." He took a deep breath (he seemed to be needing to do a lot of extra breathing lately- so he guessed he could cross lack of oxygenation off his list of reasons contributing to his chronic stupidity syndrome).

Stepping out of the car he felt the cold night's air and barely shivered. There was a slight, slight buzz zipping through his veins and he was a little numbed by it already. Shutting the car door behind him he walked ahead of Abi and up to the gate. A couple of hard shoves with his shoulder and the iron door groaned open. It wasn't locked- just stiff.

Moving swiftly, he led the way, walking through the grass, until he found just some random spot to stand and turn to Abi at. He walked up to her, all the way up to her, stopped where the tip of his shoes touched the tip of hers.

"Abi... I don't want... I would never want... to hurt you... I just thought..." Sigh of frustration. It was her turn.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 am

Abi rolled her eyes, her car was a perfect size! How dare he insult her car in such a manner! However, the way he phrased it, Abi decided not to leap into another argument on how he could be left there if he carried on talking about her car like that, clearly he was just an oversized oaf in that respect. Instead, Darnell took a few steps ahead of her, practically miles away from her, to get to the gate. It was rusted shut, Abi would've just stood there, but Darnell decided that thing would open, so after throwing himself at it, with his shoulder, it opened.

She slowly followed through, it was probably dusk, suddenly Darnell turned around. Abi planted her feet firmly on the ground, folding her arms in front of her as he came closer to her, she frowned, he was invading her personal bubble! Unfolding her arms, she watched him stutter. He was admitting that he never meant to hurt her, Abi smiled, "I know you never meant to, you thought it would be good and stuff" She shrugged, it would be difficult to convey how exactly she wanted to explain the reason why she wouldn't ever want to leave him alone.

"I don't think I'd be able to manage going day to day without you around" Abi tried not to roll her eyes, it was seriously sappy. "I don't want to spend my last year here without you, I mean ..it would seriously suck" She sighed, Abi didn't know if she would forget what he had said, would she think that would be in his head every time he saw her.

That really they shouldn't be friends? Abi would hate that. She'd break down, Darnell was like her rock, her best friend, and she didn't know what she would do without him. "We are friends right?!" Abi looked at him worriedly, he hadn't come out here to say that they'd never be friends, just like she had thought earlier, had he!?! She blinked, noticing how close they really were to each other. It sort of, reminded her of homecoming, that one embarrassing homecoming.

A blush rose to her cheeks, oh dear, this was her best friend! This was most definitely not the time to be thinking about that. Abi remembered that he hadn't actualy finished his sentence, "What did you think?" She was curious, with the way he had stuttered through that sentence, he was struggling to say something, was it important?
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 am

Darnell had never felt so unbalanced as he did right then. He was swaying just slightly, rocking on his heels- it took some serious effort to steady himself, and somehow as he managed that, his hands found and gripped Abi's. Looking down and realizing that the warmth rising into him was from those hands, he blushed. But he didn't let go.

"You know, Abi, that I'm not the smartest guy out here... I'm not the most talented- not the funniest- not the best looking- not the greatest of anything really... and even though I've always thought the worst of myself you still wanted to be my friend." He managed a chuckle at this- he was remembering the first time Abi'd talked to him, and how small he'd felt; if he was remembering correctly, he'd looked around the room at first, convinced her words were directed to another. But no- they'd been for him. And from that day on... "I've been a total jerk lately- and it's not because anything I've said is true- it's just me trying to pay you back I guess... I wouldn't have made it through school without you, Abi. So I owe you a lot... and I thought you'd be better off without me to worry about, y'know?" He shook his head. "But just being away from you this long- I've thought about it- and I wouldn't have been able to just let us fall apart... I was glad you texted me because- we're... I mean I... I mean you're..." A sigh was heaved, followed by nervous laughter. "I'm sorry- but we can't be friends anymore Abs- it'll kill me."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 am

Abi grew a little worried when he swayed, until he grabbed her hand. He was probably just as red as she was a second ago, but when he didn't let go, she felt a little weird. It was just like all those times, when she had brushed it off and now it was back again and he was holding her hand, it didn't feel like when they just grabbed each other or whatever, not that they usually did that anyway. Abi had no idea why she felt that way now, was it possibly because she had missed him and now she just had too many feelings for him at the moment? It was weird.

Abi rolled her eyes as soon as he began his speech, she could tell it was going to be some lengthy thing about why he shouldn't be her friend, a whole load of rubbish if she had a say. She shook her head, most talented, as if! The funniest, Abi didn't know who could make her laugh more, and the best looking well next to her he came second of course! If Abi was truly honest, Darnell was adorable, in every way. He was absolutely gorgeous, the eyes, the face, the hair. If Abi wasn't used to seeing that smile everyday she's probably be staring. "You're the greatest of everything, you're just too blind to notice!" He smiled as he laughed, she remembered the first day they'd met. He'd just stared at her as she asked whether she could sit there since there were no other seats, after complimenting on his hair, she did love his hair. It was so cute, it suited him. Once she had sat down, she had noticed his soda tab necklace, Abi had asked if he wanted her soda can tab after she finished to add to his collection.

Abi listened carefully, taking in his words, even if she didn't necessarily agree with them. Really, Darnell would've found a way to get through without her, without him Abi had no idea how she'd cope. Darnell was there whenever she needed a laugh, when she took something too seriously and he showed her the other side, he helped her in other ways. Showing her how to actually help someone other than herself, even if she wasn't even sure about it. Without Darnell to worry about, then going to Harriman was pretty pointless.

Abi was pleased he was glad that she had texted him. They needed to get things clear, they were great friends and to ruin that just because someone assumed that it would be better for the other person if they weren't with them without even consulting the other person was a ridiculous thought. She was actually beginning to relax, once laughter came again from Darnell, Abi thought everything was beginning to be fine, until he said they couldn't. Abi imediately tilted her head, this was no time for jokes, "What?" She swallowed nervously, he really didn't want to be her friend?!

"But..if you leave me, it'll kill me!" Abi quickly said, frowning. Was it so wrong to continue being friends, if Abi was hurting Darnell perhaps it was better they weren't, for his sake rather than hers.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:20 am

Darnell knew what sort of reaction to expect from Abi. He knew she wasn't going to get what he meant right away- because honestly, it had taken a lot for him to just get himself to give in to the fact that he was one of those Sandra Dee hopelessly devoted in love types. And though the idea of comparing himself to the female star of Grease wasn't all that appealing, the idea of being hopelessly in love with Abi was suiting him just fine.

Her head tilted and the 'what?' left her lips; she was so confused, rightly so- and so frustrated with him, rightly so as well. But it amused Darnell. He smiled. This would probably only make her more upset. He shook his head softly.

"No one's talking me out of this, this time- not even me. Abi- I can't be friends with you anymore- and this is why..." His heart threatening to break out of his chest it was beating so hard, Darnell let go of Abi's hands so his could cup around her face, and swiftly, he leaned in until he'd pressed his lips to hers. This was what he'd been willing himself to do for so long- and now here he was- doing it- he was kissing Abigail Applebottom. This was even better than the freaking photobooth! He wasn't ready to be done kissing her when he was, and he was a little out of breath when he was. But he was able to finish his sentence, breathing hard and nervously, "I love you Abigail Applebottom."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 am

Abi didn't know what Darnell would come back with, what was his excuse this time. honestly, to say that he wanted to give her a break, Abi could handle herself perfectly fine and she wasn't just going to give up. Before Abi could ask if he'd give her a stupid reason so she could argue why he was completely wrong about it, he was .. .kissing her!

She felt his hand on her cheek, and it was nice, not weird like she thought it would be. Abi couldn't really think about why that was a reason they couldn't be friends because she was really thinking about how he was such a good kisser. This was Darnell! Darnell Allred her bestest friend in the entire world and he was kissing her! She responded just as enthusiastically breaking away, hoping her face wasn't red again, it'd be so embarrassing.

"I love you Abigail Applebottom."

Abi could hardly speak, taking small breaths, she took a small step away, any closer and she'd pounce on him. "Oh" Was the only thing that Abi could say at that moment, a grin erupting on her face as she realised what he was saying. It wasn't that he didn't want to be friends, he loved her! As she thought about it, not that she really needed to, it was fairly obvious, Darnell was the only constant thing in her life, whenever she had a problem, whenever she needed someone, Darnell was who she turned to and he was the only one that she could trust with anything. Abi loved Darnell Allred. Abigail Applebottom loved Darnell Allred. It was an odd thought but the happiness it brought her was evident as she replied "I love you too"

Abi thought it only appropriate that now the important things had been said to get back to doing what they were before, stepping forward once again, she leaned in towards him this was no kiss like the photo booth, or the silly attempt she was slowly remembering from when she was a little drunk. She hoped he understood how much she really cared for him, she freaking loved him!
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 am

The response from Abigail was acceptable- Hell- it was the greatest response Darnell had gotten to anything in his entire life. Kissing Abi was better than drugs, and equally as intoxicating if not more than alcohol. This was something he could totally get used to being addicted to. And, extra bonus, something she wouldn't mind either!

At first when the kiss was broken and Darnell had said what he had to say, he was a little concerned as she stepped back, afraid maybe he'd moved too quickly. Maybe he'd misread her- maybe they really weren't meant for each other- maybe it was his imagination. But then- she said it. "I love you too."

And she stepped back towards him. His smile wasn't given the chance to completely spread across his face before they were kissing again. This swelling in his heart that began was unstoppable. Instinctively one hand dropped to wrap around her waist and pull her closer to him. He kissed her, savoring each moment- taking it all in with each of his senses. How she smelled, with that subtle fruity shampoo scent evident even intermingled with the smoke in his clothes. How she looked, perfect of course. The taste of her chapstick and the sound of the wind in the grass. The cold had yet to catch up to him, but it occurred to him that she might be. Lips pulling away, but only to rest mere centimeters from hers, he breathed, "Here," and he shrugged off his jacket. "Are you cold? Maybe we should head back? Or maybe just to your car... I don't want you to get cold..."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 am

Abi felt an arm round her waist, pulling her closer to him, and she didn't mind. Her arm casually along his shoulder, her hand in his hair. She smiled inside, this was probably the best thing that had ever happened between them, aside from actually becoming friends. Abi couldn't remember a time better than this one, he pulled away for a moment, causing Abi to look at him in question. He shrugged off his jacket, handing it to her, it was a little cold but she had been too preoccupied to notice. She wrapped it around her shoulders, it was lovely and warm, hanging off her shoulders, the sleeves reaching far beyond her wrists. "Not very" Abi shrugged. She could probably stand there a long time with him and she'd be perfectly fine.

"We can go back to the car if you want" Abi didn't mind, "Does this mean...we're friends again?" She asked grinning. Abi turned around, "Or?" She didn't finish the sentence, wondering what Darnell would say. It didn't exactly mean they were going out or not, Abi had done more with Isaac but, this meant a whole lot more than that. She walked through the gate, still open from when they had walked through. Abi took her keys out from her pocket, she must have put them in there some time from when they started kissing, but she couldn't remember.

Abi unlocked the car and walked round to the drivers side, "You want to go back?" She turned her head to face him. She couldn't think of anywhere else they could go, Abi opened her car door, it was still a little warm from when they had arrived. She didn't know how things would go down back at Harriman, the girls would know something had happened when she came back happy about meeting with Darnell. Abi was exceptionally happy, nothing anyone said could possibly ruin the moment right now.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:49 am

When Darnell reached forward and grabbed Abi's hand again, he made a mental note not to let go for as long as he possibly could. There was this sense of urgency building up in him now- he felt... a little odd... but it was all in a good way.

When Abi asked about being friends again, Darnie couldn't help but burst into laughter. Did she think he could possibly answer no to that? No Abi, I just kissed you to torture you and not to mention, myself. He nodded, sticking his hand in his pocket as he did so.

"Yes, Abi we're definitely friends- except... more, and that's okay with you, right? If I said you're my girlfriend now?" He stopped beside her in front of the gate they'd walked past again. "Oh, hey!" Feeling the bracelet in his jacket pocket, he remembered what it was- he'd not realized before- but it hit him. It was the bottle-cap bracelet he'd meant to give Abi on her birthday... "I didn't get to give this to you before... but here..." Smiling, Darnell broke the connection of their hands only so long so he could tie the bracelet around her wrist and knot it. Pulling softly on it to make sure it wouldn't fall off, he looked up to Abi's face. "For you..."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Abi looked behind her, feeling Darnell reach for her hand, she smiled. His hand was bigger than hers, and warmer, wrapping around hers easily. However, once he laughed in her face she had to frown, what was so funny? Abi rolled her eyes as the laughter died down, it wasn't a really dumb question, she just felt like asking to get things straight. "Girlfriend?" Abi repeated, to be Darnells girlfriend? She never thought she'd think that before! "Of course it's ok!" She grinned at him, as they stopped by the gate.

Abi waited, what was he going to give her?

"I didn't get to give this to you before... but here..." She smiled as he showed her the cute bottle-cap bracelet. Darnell dropped her hand, the warmth leaving her as he tied it around her wrist. "Thanks Darnell, I love it" Abi opened the gate, practically beaming. This was a far better trip than she could've imagined. To come with someone she didn't think she'd ever be friends with again and leave with a boyfriend?!

She didn't think this was like all the other times, this was by far the most special. It was Darnell. Not just some random guy. Abi loved Darnell too much.

Now inside the car, Abi started the engine, going over in her head what she would say. A smile present that would stay on her face for a while as she looked at Darnell, she loved him. It was slightly scary but terribly exciting, all of the exes, well...Abi couldn't actually remember ever hearing it and if she did, it wasn't meant in the sense Darnell meant. She couldn't compare it to any other time, because Darnell was her best friend, it didn't get better than that. Abi caught the bracelet out of the corner of her eye, pushing her smile even bigger, it reminded her of when they had first met.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:54 am

Darnell was relieved to hear it was okay with Abi that he call her his girlfriend now- and of course, that she would actually be his girlfriend; things weren't always as they were told after all, especially not in high school.

"Cool..." He smiled, breathing out a small laugh as he examined Abi's expression to be sure she really did like his gift. He was satisfied with what he saw. Leaning back in the passenger's seat, he listened to the sound of the engine roaring to a start and smiled, wondering how he'd ever explain himself back at school. This whole day had been a crazy happening. He'd begun it in such a funk- he'd been so depressed and determined to do the exact opposite of what had ended up happening anyway. Oh well, as far as he was concerned, that was fate- showin' him who was boss. Abi and Darnie were meant for each other- he was sure of it.

He turned to look at Abi. "Hey, y'know... I was actually on the computer a couple nights ago, lookin' at apartments 'n stuff... I didn't say anything 'cuz I didn't think it'd work out... but there're a couple new developments going up this summer- I was thinking that whole idea of me going down there... it's not that far fetched... I could do it." He shifted in his seat to face her. "There was this one, right- it had this pretty awesome loft layout- real small, like two rooms and a bathroom, but kinda perfect just for me y'know- and it had blue-print pictures and 3-D layout stuff and it looked pretty sweet. It had this kitchen nook area, room for my piano and drums in the living room/ bedroom- haha- and I could fit a TV and a couple chairs or whatever and everything- put a desk in the corner 'n I could record my stuff... but y'know... just a thought..."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:17 am

Abi smiled, listening to what he was saying. Darnell had been looking at apartments? "Whereabouts?" She was curious, would it be anywhere near Montana? Like they had spoken about before? Abi took his hand while keeping the other firmly on the wheel, it'd be nice having him around done there. "It does sound perfect" She squeezed his hand, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye. Darnell was thinking about an apartment, most likely away from his family?

"It's a great thought" Abi was happy he had thought about it, but he wasn't the only one. "I've been looking too" She had been looking into jobs and apartments closer to the city, she hadn't made much progress but it was a start. "I haven't been able to find much..but" Abi had decided that she needed time away from her family, she hardly got to see them anyway, and she was graduating. It didn't mean she was falling off of the face of the earth though. "I've just been thinking.." Abi turned down another road, they were getting closer to the school. "It'd be better to be closer to the city, and I don't think I could stand to be at home forever" She gave a shy shrug, it was no big deal. So long as they were near each other, it'd be cool.

Abi didn't know if she could stand to be at her house 24/7, it'd be killer. A massive house to herself all day, even if she got a job, she'd return to her house and meet her mother. Her dad would probably be on another business trip and it would be better for her to get her own place and actually enjoy living there. Even though she would miss her sisters a little bit, Abi would be happier.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:31 am

Darnell tilted his head to the side a little bit; he was a little confused at why Abi would need to look for a place. She had a pretty cool family as far as he knew- and a huge giganto house. Like, mansion, totally. It had enough room for her- maybe too much? Or maybe it was just that they were older now- maybe she just wanted to be out on her own. But the thought of Abi out on her own made Darnie a bit unsettled. He was beginning to feel like how he figured she felt for him most times. Worried. But it wasn't a big deal.

"Oh, well I was looking into the city too. I think the place I was looking at is supposed to be called Riverside Heights or something like that." He shrugged. "I didn't really take the search too seriously- because I doubted I'd be able to afford it- but I bet if I sit down and crunch some numbers... well, it's possible I could... I think my dad has a bank account set up for me somewhere too. I could get that money... and work... and then while I'm recording I can send my stuff out to different agencies and so on..." He sighed. It was all very exciting and very overwhelming. More the last part though.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:48 am

Abi didn't know how she felt about what Darnell was saying, worried that he was going out on his own, but she was happy and strangely excited. For the both of them, to be out in the big wide world, to make her own decisions, her own mistakes. "Sounds nice" Abi knew how Darnell felt about his family, it seemed to make sense that he did go out on his own, but it was slightly scary too. To see him living by himself, would he be able to handle it, she supposed that was the question she had to ask herself too. Would she be able to handle it?

"That's cool" Abi swallowed, slowing as she came to a stop sign, taking the chance to look over at Darnell. "It's weird. Actually talking about it, for real" She admitted, so long as they were still together, seeing each other, hopefully everyday although that could be wishful thinking. "You could make it big" Abi grinned, thinking about listening to Darnie on the radio, it'd be cool and she'd be so happy for him.

"Could you imagine? People talking about you?" Abi gave a little laugh, they both definitely dreamed big. It was a difficult business to get into, and Abi was trying to ignore all of the jobs she would have to think about applying for to get by in the beginning, even if she did have help from her family. Which, she didn't think she'd appreciate much. Abi sighed, they were close to the school now, just a few more minutes. It was completely dark now, had been for a while, her headlights highlighting the path in front of her.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:39 am

Darnell nodded in agreement. It was odd to talk about their futures how they were. Talk about it as though it were a definite thing. Getting out of Harriman was definite... but the rest still seemed a little foggy. Where would they be five, ten, twenty years from this moment? Other than together, of course...

He let his head kind of hang to one side in a half-shake as though to say, 'naaah'. But the words sunk in. He could make it big... he could... yeah. It was true. But anyone could make it big. You had to be the right person. And chances of that were pretty slim, even for those with real talent.

"That'd be weird... they'd have a lot to talk about, that's for sure." He frowned for a moment, his thoughts instinctively turning to all the mess-ups in his life, and around him. The media would have field days going through all of his dirty laundry. Looking at Abi, he turned his frown up-side down and let out a lie, "I mean, who could resist writing an article about Darnell Allred and his super amazing, up and coming, beautiful girlfriend?" His smile softened and he looked out the passenger side window. "They'll be talking about you too you know... hey- why haven't we collaborated yet? We should run a track together. You can sing- I can even hit a few notes myself- you can do guitar- I've got piano and drums- we'd sound great together!"
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:20 am

Abi nodded, Darnell was very talented, people would be crazy for him! She couldn't help but laugh at his comment, "Who could resist? They'd be more interested in you! I'm just the girlfriend, all your fans would be jealous" She winked for good measure, slowing the car as she came to the lot. Abi gasped, "Why haven't we thought of that before!" She didn't know how the notes would go, or even the lyrics, it'd be good. They would bounce ideas off each other and their voices would sound brilliant.

"That'd be so fun. Seriously!" Abi braked and turned off the engine, moving her body to face him, "song written by Darnell Allred and Abigail Applebottom" She grinned, "It'd definitely be a hit" She took the keys out of the ignition, thinking of possible verses, there was too much choice, what would it be about! The bracelet knocking against the keys as she popped them in her pocket, causing her to look down at it and smile.

This had to be their project, in their spare time if they could, but when they wanted to otherwise it really would be a bit disappointing. It was such a great idea, Abi was so excited about it. "Shall we go in?" Although it was dark, it wasn't really that late, a few people were still outside, most of them would be in the warm, talking with their friends. She didn't know how long she'd been with Darnell, it didn't seem terribly long, it had gone too quickly.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Darnell couldn't imagine a better day than would bet he day he and Abi collaborated in the music room. The excitement was building in him right then, bubbling over. This day was all too much! Of course... he was the cause of that... but it was ending so well how could he even be angry with himself now?! Or with anyone for that matter... Abigail Applebottom... just thinking about her name kept his smile in place. He hardly noticed when they were back at the school.

He looked over at her. Go in? "Abi..." he took her hands, "I'm really sorry- just... everything I said before, by the lake- if I could take it back, I would." He sighed. "Yeah, let's go in."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Abi looked at him, she knew how sorry he was for what he had said earlier. Truly there was nothing to change it, the past was in the past now. She looked down at their hands for a moment, his holding hers. Abi smiled sadly, "I know" She shrugged. "It's ok" Abi pulled her hands away, it was difficult being annoyed at him especially after what happened, he was her boyfriend. (She still couldn't get over that!) Abi opened the door, shutting it behind her, she walked round to the front of her car.

She folded her arms, taking a deep breath as she realised she still had his jacket. Abi shrugged it off her shoulders, it was gorgeously warm. She blinked, holding it in her arms, to give to Darnell. Abi waited for him to get out, the cold air enveloping her. It was dark, the school lit with lights outside the entrance and the park lit with a few scattered lights around the outside. She checked the time on her phone, it was almost dinner. After catching up with the girls, Abi would probably see him later.

She didn't know if she's forget what he had said, he hadn't said the nicest things in the world. Eventually Abi thought she would, but she didn't want to forget tonight, their first kiss, when he asked her to be his girlfriend. They'd graduate together, and look for places to live close to each other. Hopefully, they'd be together when they graduated, there was no way she'd give him up, he meant alot more to her than that. Isaac was different. Abi knew she couldn't be friends with Isaac, in that way anymore. Of course, there was no way she'd betray Darnell, she would just say to Isaac that she was in a relationship and it was fun but, over. He'd understand. Abi just would have to stay a foot away from him, at least.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:17 am

When Abi left him in the car alone, Darnie felt a fresh gust of cold sweep over him. He rubbed his hands together and with a deep breath, thrust the side door open and stepped out himself. Closing the car door gently behind him, he walked over to the front and wrapped his arms around Abi, pulling her into his embrace for a good minute, maybe, as his chin rested at the top of her head.

Pulling away, he took his jacket for a moment, only to drape it over her again. "Nah... it looks better on you, y'know..." He smiled softly, his hand touching her cheek as he leaned in for a final kiss- for the night at least.

"I actually have some work I was going to just not do, but I think I'll actually go work on that now... See you later, Abi..." His smile passing from his face a little as he turned away, hands in pockets, he walked away.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum