Felicity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Meet Your Makers • Staff

ISABELLE CAULDINE
played by RACH

5th Yr. Prima Ballerina

SIMON THEODORE
played by BENBRYO

5th Yr. Theatre Geek

ISAAC CAULDINE
played by ASHLEIGH

5th Yr. Bandaid

Chitter Chatter
Important Events

Mandatory • Ending July 17th
January 2009
Weather

Snowy • Hi: 17º F • Lo: 4º F

Drivers should proceed with caution while driving on roads before they have been cleared. Up to two inches expected to fall overnight. For more information and updates on the weather, visit World News Broadcasting online.
Character Of The Month

ISABELLE CAULDINE
Played by Rach

A fifth year prima ballerina with a realistic lifestyle, a wonderful sense of humor, and a delightful plot. Congratulations go to Rach on winning this month's award!
DAISY, DAISY
Photobucket
Rock ’n’ Roleplay

More From Felicity
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] 14o1zrq

Pop! Goes The Cherry
»"Oh, WG, have you really know decency? This is kind of old news, but it looks like IC might have paid off a few people, like the true politician’s daughter that she is, to keep this little gem on the hush hush. But oh, IC, IC, don’t you know that nothing is safe from me?"

Oh, Baby, Baby!
»"Hey Harrimaners, sorry for my brief abscence, but I’ve been just too busy trying to keep track of all the gossip in this school to even be able to write about it! But this little piece of news was just TOO good for even a busy bee like me to pass up."

Photobucket

World News Broadcasting 03.19.09
»"Yet another car bomb went off in Iraqiranistan at approximately 3 PM this afternoon. Casualties were numbered at as many as twenty Iraqistanis, as well as three American soldiers, and thirty of both parties wounded. A statement has not been issued by the army as to the potential terrorists, but WNB is willing to guesstimate that Tyler Durden + Sack Of Mothballs = Big Explosion"

Maine to Pass Bill for Heavy Budget Cuts; Sports, Arts Suffer
» "Maine has been following the precedent set by several other United States school boards and has been cutting funding significantly to schools, especially for fine arts programs. While this mostly affects public schools, it will also affect a small number of private and magnet schools that receive fundings, grants, and scholarships for students from the government."
Affiliates

cigarettes and chocolate milk RPG-D All We Know cupid

Latest topics
» gaski domki nad morzem
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 am by Guest

» Ищу качественную заправку картриджей...
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm by Guest

» fish oil research
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 am by Guest

» ilawa hotele
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am by Guest

» Study 83 Physicians Drug Testing
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 am by Guest

» hardcore free pics only
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm by Guest

» slawa domki na sprzedaz
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am by Guest

» EdmefoWkes
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 am by Guest

» прием врача гинеколога
Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 pm by Guest

Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] Empty Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed]

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 am

Abi had been excited all night, she had gone to bed barely able to sleep. Eventually she managed, she did get very tired around midnight. Today was the day she was doing her song with Darnell, it brought her back to about a week ago, when she had become his girlfriend. Everything was still great, couldn't be better and she was looking forward to singing with him. It was strange they hadn't thought of it before, both doing solo projects, but this was going to be fun. Even with the musical around the corner, Abi found time to do this, it was important to her and it would be thinking of words. They hadn't thought of a tune, it would be interesting brainstorming together.

Abi didn't know what they would think of, but she was looking forward to it. It felt like she hadn't seen Darnell in a while, with rehearsals out of her ears and some of her work had piled up, she had been up in her room working on it all. Finally, she could relax, partly. It was early in the morning, a couple of free sessions in the morning before lunch was when they had planned to meet in the library to go over lyrics, and of course try to fit a tune around it. Hopefully, early in the morning it would be quiet, people busy in lessons and studying for some sort of exam.

Walking back from breakfast, Abi went into her dorm and grabbed her bag and her guitar. Waiting for the rest of the students to leave while she hung back, she still had about twenty minutes and it would only take five to walk to the music wing. Her hair swept away from her face, in a ponytail, her bag on her shoulder and her guitar in her hand she walked out towards the music wing. Her thoughts focused on what sort of lyrics it should include, Abi ignored the people pushing past her as she idly walked until she came to the door to the music library.

Abi pushed it open and looked around, it was quiet as always, hardly any people were there and they looked as if they were concentrating pretty hard. She could get away with having a laugh in the library, right?
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] Empty Re: Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed]

Post  Darnell Allred Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:21 am

Darnell walked, swiftly, confidently, toward the music library building. He pushed down on his hair a little, the little surge of nervousness he always felt when approaching Abi passing quickly through and away, like math lessons. He carried his drum sticks in his hands, then, in a small backpack, his tape recorder, and lyric & music composition book.

He was excited about this whole collaboration thing. He had good vibes about it- which was a rare thing, actually. Usually he popped up with good stuff unexpectantly. It was like... he would feel crappy and then suddenly, pop, good idea. Only a few times had he ever sat down feeling good about an idea and actually had it come through for him. But those few times... the finished product was pretty amazing.

He had this one beat going through his head at the moment... it was like of a... steady drum beat... like... tap tap taptaptap tap tap taptaptap... then piano... he had a harder time describing that part... but he had it on his tape recorder. He hoped Abi liked it...

Walking through the doors, he was struck first by the solemn vibe of the room. It made him itchy. Her pushed down on his hair. Turning his head, he spotted Abi, and stopped, hands falling to his side, smile growing, spreading across his face. His pace quickened a little as he got nearer- and once beside her, he leaned in for a kiss.

"Hey." He smiled. Simple.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed] Empty Re: Collaborate, Commemorate, CELEBRATE! [Darnie cloooosed]

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 am

Abi had just dumped her bag on one of the tables when she heard the door open. Turning her head at the sound, she smiled as she saw Darnell approaching. Placing her guitar carefully on the table as Darnell walked up, she gave him a shy kiss as he leaned in. Abi was a little bit embarrassed about kissing him in public, only because once she started it was difficult to actually get away from him. An arm across his back, Abi deepened the kiss, just as she was about to pull away, he made it too damn difficult.

All previous thoughts left her mind, all she could think about was Darnell how amazing he was, how good a kisser he was. Then. Suddenly. It was over. Her head practically spinning, she peeked over his shoulder, her cheeks glowing red. No one had noticed so far and if they had, they had turned away. "Hi" Abi replied, catching her breath. Averting her eyes, she turned to the table, sliding into the chair, her red cheeks beginning to fade away.

Abi wouldn't have thought she would ever be the type to do that in a public place, but she hardly noticed. Besides, the only people able to see that was the one who had their back to them anyway, the other few were behind the shelves. It was hidden away, just about. "Right. Words" Abi brought her head forward, now was the time to focus again. "Have you had any ideas?" She asked. Pulling her bag off of the table and dropping it on the floor next to her chair.

Abi didn't know what sort of theme they would be going for. Romantic? Sad? Comedic? Action-packed? She didn't know what she wanted to do, but she wanted to hear if Darnell had any ideas first, it could point them in the right direction.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:05 am

At first it was pretty much just as Darnell would have expected Abi to react. Really, he hadn't been sure about anything other than the fact that upon seeing her, he would have to kiss her. But how she'd react, that was different matter. He wasn't sure if she would even let him, maybe pull away and sweetly scold him for the public display of affection. So, when she returned his kiss with her timid one, he wasn't surprised, or put off at all.

Then, when it changed, he accepted the surprise with satisfaction- with pleasure. His kiss matched hers in depth, possibly exceeded just slightly; his lips moving in a way so as to coax just a little more. It seemed like only a moment until she pulled away, leaving him with a huge smile and not so much breath.

Between the 'hi' and the red cheeks, Darnell felt about ready to burst with pride; he was the reason for both. Then she sat, and he followed the lead, taking the chair beside her.

"Mmm..." He took a minute to think; he'd lost his train of thought in that kiss. "Yes. Yeah, definitely I do." He laughed lightly, pulling out his tape recorder, and turning the volume down low, he set in on play and held it up to Abi's ear. "I know this is missing a lot right now... but it's what I've got so far. Can you think of anything that'd work with it?"
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 am

Abi listened intently as Darnell held the recorder to her ear. Her eyes staring off she tried to picture it, it sounded good, a great beat. Abi tapped along to it, it would be the base point to stem from, she sat there for a good minute pondering what to say. "It's good" Abi slowly said, "Shove a guitar in there? Then a few voices?" She shrugged, "Fade out the piano to make way for the guitar or no guitar? I don't think it'd sound good with the two together, I don't know" Abi frowned, trying to concentrate on the beat, with the drums.

"Who'll sing first?" She asked, looking up at him. He had said that she would sing, but Darnell had a good voice and they could sing together. It'd sound great! "Aaand. How big an intro do you think it should have?" Abi blinked, wondering if she should get out her paper and start writing things down. It would probably help, a lot. Her hand reached into her bag, pulling out a large notebook and a pen, slid down the side of the binder, Abi tugged the pen out and pushed down the end. She opened it up, quickly flipping past her doodles, that would be embarrassing. Abi never did think to rip out her doodle pages. She would have to do that later.

Laying the book on the table, her pen poised above the page in her right hand she looked up at Darnell. "What do you think?" Abi quickly wrote down everything she had said, scrawling across the page in large curved handwriting her head tilting to the side as she muttered the words under her breath. Once she had finished, her fingers turned down the end of the pen, as she fiddled with the end bouncing it up and down as it clicked incessantly. Terrible habit to break that.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Darnell nodded as Abi spoke, mulling all the options over in his mind. There were so many options, depending on the sound they were going for. Plus, they knew people who played practically every instrument- there were no limits to the creative genius and connection at Harriman.

"Yeah, yeah, I like that guitar part... We could bring it in like..." Leaning over the desk he tapped two fingers on the edge like taptaptaptap taptaptaptap ",and then go more into it." He nodded his head approvingly. "I think you should sing on this one. Maybe we could squeeze me in another one." He shrugged- singing wasn't really his strongest point. He was more comfortable with the instrumental sounds. "I like bold, simple intros. Maybe a quick drum beat," His eyes followed her writing across the paper in front of them. He nodded to the sound of her pen tapping against the desk. "Yeah... except more like..." He took it from between her fingers for a moment. Click click click click click click clickclickclack-k-k-k-k. He smiled, and did it again. "Yeah... you have any lyrics?"
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:23 am

Abi nodded, it wasn't exactly the type of instrument she would use - the table but it worked just as well. Her guitar would probably come in handy but she was enjoying the look of concentration on Darnells face, it was hilarious! "Sing then" She nodded, that wasn't too far in and not too close to the beginning either. "I like a nice rhythmic beat, something that will be throughout the whole song but something easy to understand" Abi smiled as he took the pen and began clicking, perhaps that was a step too far. Her hand grabbed the pen from him, as she doodled on the edge of the page, a band of stars, a sketchy heart on one corner, a flower next to it, a pair of glasses opposite.

"I have my guitar here y'know" She shook her head, "I'm not sure, I thought it would be better to get a feel for the song before we went any further" Abi didn't know whether they would be going for a sad song or a love song or just a jumpy song. Without those ideas they couldn't go very far. She traced round her doodles, Abi needed to have a blank mind for this, "How about" She tapped the pen on the table, slow at first for the first five beats then quickly speeding up until it was near constant.

Abi didn't mind that Darnell said she would sing on this one, he would sing on the next one. He probably didn't think that he had a good voice, Abi thought he sang very well. "It might be better to go to the composition room, or just sit outside in the corridor" She grinned, all just for a simple tune to get them going, it was step one to a good song. "How about the tune?" She asked, Abi was getting into this, she could hear the tune in her head now.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:22 am

As Darnie sat there, he started to think about something he'd written up a long time ago. It was kind of sad, surprise, surprise- but it had this sort of... ring to it, maybe... he liked it enough to actually consider sharing it with Abi. And since they were collaborating on a song and the words were meant to be song lyrics, he decided he would.

"I'm not sure about a tune really... but now that I think about it, I do have some words." He flipped through his old notepad, the pages, some ripped, some crumbled, showing the abuse that came with the territory; it was all out of artistic love and devotion to good music. Finally he came to the page. "Here, you can take a look, if you can read it..." He chuckled, pushing the paper forward so she could read:

You can't play our broken strings,
You can't feel anything
That your heart don't want to feel
I can't tell you something that aint real

Oh the truth hurts,
And lies worse
I can't like it anymore
And I love you a little less than before

He watched her closely for a reaction, admiring her all the while.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:45 am

Abi smiled, Darnell had thought of something. "Words are great" Words were better than anything else they had, at least then they could fit the tune around the words, which was alot easier than the other way around. She watched him rifle through his notepad, the messy bits of paper stuffed in there or just messed up beyond recognition, all to achieve the same thing. Abi smirked, "I'm sure I'll decipher it" Taking the piece of paper from him to read it.

She squinted at Darnies writing, scanning over the words, it could sound pretty good. "Wow" Abi looked up briefly from the piece of paper to smile at him, "I like it" She did like it, it was great. Pouting for a second, she went over words in her head. "Could that be the chorus?" She asked. "The next bit could be, if it's to this sort of beat" Abi tapped the table, one, two, one, two, rhythmically. "like that, then it could be like 'running through fire, when there's nothing for me to say' or something"

Abi looked up, in question, "It's not real? Something like that?" She shrugged, Abi didn't think it quite fit, they would need to put stuff between it, pad it out a bit. "The tune, could come out as a whisper at first, then grow stronger?"
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Darnie thoughtfully rubbed the small amount of stubble grown in on his chin. His eyebrows furrowed, concentration cap on, he stared at the piece of paper and went over the words slowly in his head, allowing them to marinate in the creative juices within. Mm, marinate, juices... food words- darn- now he was hungry. He pushed those distracting thoughts away and got back into the game.

"Running back through the fire when there's nothing left to say... it's like... chasing the very last train, when it's too late..." He nodded, and continued to flip through his lyric book. "I think I have a beginning written down to this- I'm just so disorganized... ha... and when I get an idea I can't take the time to find the last page I used- I have to get it down right away or I'll forget it- geez... it's in here somew... here!"

He pushed it towards Abi again:

Let me hold you
For the last time
It's the last chance to feel again
But you broke me
Now I can't feel anything

"Yeah... I think it'd sound best starting out slow and soft and building momentum as the song goes on." He sat back in his chair a little, pushed his hair out of his face and stretched.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:10 am

Abi grinned, it sounded perfect. She watched him flick through, her hands clutched together on the table, while she tried to think of what else to say. Abi laughed when he produced the small slip of paper, taking it from him, to quickly read over it she smiled. "It's perfect! She nodded slowly, Abi leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table as the chair rocked on its front legs. "How about..

When I love you,
It's so untrue
I can't even convince myself
When I'm speaking,
It's the voice of someone else?"
Abi asked, then she got an epiphany, holding her hand up, the chair slid further forward, her legs jerking onto the floor, from their position behind the front legs, not touching the floor. "The tune! I've got it!" Her hands shook with excitement, Abi looked around the library for the librarian, they wouldn't get caught. She sung out what they had said, writing down the next verse she had said as she went.

"Let me hold you
For the last time
It's the last chance to feel again
But you broke me
Now I can't feel anything"
It was barely a whisper, a constant note.

"When I love you,
It's so untrue
I can't even convince myself
When I'm speaking,
It's the voice of someone else"
Abi paused for a second, the volume growing, the note rising, her eyes going wide until a moment later she contined.

"Oh, it tears me up
I try to hold on, but it hurts too much
I try to forgive, but it's not enough to make it all okay..?"
She looked up from the paper, shrugging. It was great, a bit emotional, but very good. At the rate they were going, it would be finished soon! Flicking her hair behind her, she shifted in her seat, and grabbed the pen from where she had previously placed it, tapping it on the table. "I love it" Abi smiled, she was surprised it was turning out as good as it was, she didn't think the words* they came up with would be as good as this.

*The song being quoted, is 'Broken Strings' by 'James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado'
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:57 am

Darnie couldn't have smiled wider at hearing Abi's exclamation of the song's perfection. And he couldn't help but to agree himself. The words, some of which were still forming in his mind, fit perfectly together, as though they were meant to be spoken in unison, meant to be pieced together in the same song- destined for it- just as the two young peoples' voices were destined to join together to sing it. Absolutely perfect. And it wasn't even finished yet.

Darnie carried on where Abi left off, feeling courage to sing rising up in him once she dared to lift her own voice in the otherwise sacredly soundless library. The tune that she sung by was just as perfect as the words. He knew he couldn't have thought of a better one himself, and he felt then the swelling of how much he loved Abi in his chest. Before he'd gotten together with her, the words in his notepad were words scribbled nonsensically and messily on crumpled paper. They meant nothing. As corny as it may sound; she'd brought life to his music.

"You can't play our broken strings
You can't feel anything
I can't tell you something that aint real

Oh the truth hurts
And lies worse
I can't like it anymore

But we're running through the fire
When there's nothing left to say
It's like chasing the very last train
When we both know it's too late

You can't play our broken strings
You can't feel anything
I can't tell you something that aint real"

He clicked his recorder on pause; he'd turned it on as Abi'd looked around, just before she'd begun to sing. He smiled, and unable to help himself, he leaned forward, and kissed Abi for a long while that wasn't long enough. Breaking his lips from hers, he pulled away only so much so that he could finish the song; he pushed play on his recorder,

"Oh the truth hurts
And lies worse
I can't like it anymore
Oh and I love you a little less than before

Let me hold you for the last time
It's the last change to feel again..."

He hit off. And leaned in again.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Abi scribbled down the rest of the words on the paper, smiling at Darnell. Looking up, when he began singing, she was surprised to say the least. When she heard a click, Abi looked down at the table, wondering what the sound was. Darnell leant towards her, kissing her for what only felt like a second, her eyes fluttering back open as he pulled away. Abi noticed the recorder and rolled her eyes, smiling widely. She nodded to the beat, it was great, something that she didn't think was better than anything she had heard before. She leaned back, taking a quick glance around, her arms crossed, she leaned back into the seat.

She could just imagine them doing this, for a long time. It would be the best itme, she be so happy just doing that with him. Darnell made Abi so much happier than she had ever been before, even when they had first become friends she was so much more comfortable around him, and now he was her boyfriend. It sounded ridiculous, after so long, but Abi loved him so much. Without Darnell doing this with her, doing it together, it wouldn't sound the same, the words would be different and it wouldn't mean anything.

Darnell leaned in again, Abi leaned forward again, planting another kiss on his lips, trying not to laugh. They probably shouldn't be doing this in the library, singing was a little loud, now at least, they were being quiet. Mostly. A quiet throat clearing erupted behind her seat, causing Abi to quickly pull away, flushing a violent red. She slid back into her seat, the librarian almost as red as she was. Abi covered her eyes, her elbows resting on the table. "Wow" She shook her head, in her hands torn between laughing her head off and wanting the floor to swallow her whole. Her cheeks could probably fry an egg, the heat coming off of them, she was too embarrassed to say anything else.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:53 pm

That librarian was an extremely quiet walker. Either that... or Darnie & Abi were rather loud kissers... because he had not any idea that the lady had seen or heard them at all, and had no notion of her presence until she cleared her throat, and Abi pulled away. See, even then, at the sound the woman made- it didn't connect in his mind that that meant to stop kissing Abigail Applebottom. Nothing could have made that connection.

Abi's face was so red; Darnie could tell she was a little embarrassed. But all he could figure to do was laugh. At first he rested his hand at the corner of his mouth, in hopes to stop the twitching that came from the want to laugh; then he brought his hand, in a fist, in front of his mouth, trying to stiffle the chuckle coming up. It wasn't working. He turned his head away from the librarian, and coincidentally, from Abi, and tried to muffle the sound with the rest of his arm.

"Do you two mind? This is the library," The librarian said with distaste.

"Of... pff... course... pfft... hmm-hem-sorry..." Darnell managed before grabbing Abi's hand, gathering the papers and his recorder with the other and pulling her along with him towards the door. The library had no longer become the right place to be in to work on the song anyway. "I love it when you get all red like that," he teased in a whisper as he went.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 am

Abi rolled her eyes, trying to cover her face as much as she could, ducking her head and shoving Darnell as soon as she saw him trying to stuff his fist in his mouth. Swatting him across the head, she hoped her red cheeks had calmed down as she nervously looked up at the librarian. Abi stared at her, wondering what she could be talking about, it couldn't at all be as interesting as the song they were writing. Although Darnell had gotten them into heaps of trouble by kissing her... it wasn't her fault she couldn't resist. She zoned out for a second, in her own little world, as she just stared into space, which seemed to be the direction of the librarian. Random thoughts coursing through her, but she didn't hear anything going on around her. That was until, Abi frowned, the librarian definitely needed to wax that 'tache, that wasn't doing her any favours.

"Uh. Of course!" Abi squeaked, grabbing her guitar, and everything else, Darnell didn't pick up. Her guitar on her shoulder, she stumbled out of the library, half-dragged by Darnell, by her hand. As they walked closer to the exit, Abi shook her head trying not to laugh. "Shut up!" She elbowed him in the side, taking a glance back at the library. Abi touched her cheeks self-consciously, they didn't seem to be flaming, but she could feel a little blush at his words. As she stared at the librarian she concluded that she looked like a right mug, with a sour face and in need of an attitude adjustment. Abi started laughing, the image of Darnell stuffing his hand into his mouth, "Seriously, you're fist in your mouth? As if that would work!"

Abi sighed, "At least we got most of the song done I suppose" She smiled sadly, nudging her guitar on her shoulder. Abi didn't mind that they had to leave the library, Darnell had made her laugh too much for her to take anything else seriously. "She must have some sort of sneak attack that she likes to use.." Abi muttered, talking about the librarian "On students that get on her nerves" She rolled her eyes. "Stupid woman" She had interrupted them both, why couldn't the librarian just turn a blind eye? Now, whenever Abi went in there, she would just be reminded of that moment constantly!
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:10 am

Darnell was intent only on getting out of the line of sight of that stinky librarian. He pulled Abi along with him outside of the library, into an empty hallway just as quiet and much more private than the room they'd come out of.

He bit his bottom lip as she elbowed him and told him to shut up. She was so assertive; gee, it sure did turn him on. He bit down harder; if he laughed now she might elbow him again, or get them caught again.

"Hey- the fist in the mouth thing has worked before." It just didn't work this time. Nope. This had been way too funny for that. "She's like a ninja or something, for real. Came out of the freaking nowhere. Maybe she's a mutant." He laughed, quietly as he could, leaning against the wall and slowly sliding down to a sitting position against it. He wanted to just make Abi drop her stuff, to just drop his, and pull her into his lap and just sit there with her for no good reason whatsoever- except to kiss her, of course. But he didn't know if she wanted to talk more about the song or what. Plus, time and place for everything, right? ... Wait ... Nope. Not computing. Still, he sat.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:29 am

"The time is worked for you, it just made me laugh even more!" Abi smiled, leaning her shoulder against the wall as she shrugged. "Probably" Abi shrugged her guitar off her shoulder, laying it on the floor next to Darnell, she looked around for a moment before joining him on the floor. "Do you want to carry on the song? Or leave it for tomorrow?" She didn't mind, there wasn't exactly a time limit. Her knees tucked in, Abi leaned against Darnell "Bored now" She whispered, her breathing slow as she stared down the hallway.

A long sigh escaped her and she moved away, leaning her head on the wall behind her. Slightly tilted and messing up her pony tail, Abi shut her eyes, "What now?" She opened one eye, the closest to Darnell and watched him "I can't believe we got kicked out!" Shaking her head, laughter ringing through her, "If I ever need to go in there again!" Abi threatened, grinning. Slowly stopping as she thought of something. Why was it that whenever she was with Darnell she always just relaxed and didn't even need to think of anything.

She shivered, flushing. Going back into that room would bring her more embarrassment than ever before now! "You just had to lean over" Abi muttered, tutting to herself jokingly. Rolling her eyes, she daren't to glance at his face for a second. Why was he so freaking adorable?!? Abi took in a deep breath, her cheeks filling up as she turned her head and stared at Darnell. As soon as she began to feel like a fish and as if she was going blue she let go and burst out laughing. Giving Darnell a quick kiss as she cuddled up beside him and dropped her head on his shoulder.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:56 am

Abigail Applebottom. Abi. Abs. Darnie was sitting there next to her, half-listening, half-dreaming while watching her, watching him. For a little bit there he was seeing her and an apartment in Montana, her standing in the freshly white painted doorway, laughing and running inside where there'd be a nice little living space with a cute little sofa, a couple of chairs, maybe a little dining nook, a small kitchen decorated with green plants and framed pictures of the two of them and their friends. Her guitar in the corner, his drums off to the side... a fishbowl?!

Suddenly Abi's face came in front of him, her cheeks puffed out and her lips pulled together like fishes. Then all of a sudden she'd burst into laughter! He blinked for a second before joining her. When she rested her head on his shoulder, he stretched his legs out a little and set his arms out around her to pull her in nearer to him. He could smell her shampoo. Something fruity... maybe herby?... like tea? Hmm.... Resting his head on hers, he inhaled the scent of her beautiful blonde hair.

"I'm perfectly fine just sitting here..." he tilted his head down a little, and kissed her forehead beneath the hair. "We can work on the song later... break time!" He smiled. "What do you put in your hair? It's making me hungry..."
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:25 am

"Good" An arm laid across his waist, the other behind his back in a sort of half-hug. She laughed, "Hmm. Apples I think" Abi lifted a lock from her shoulder and gave it a whiff, "I don't think that's exactly the point of it" It did smell good though. "I guess it's appropriate" Being part of her name, it was funny. Her legs fell onto the floor, from the withdrawn position, to flop beside his. "I can't be bothered to do anything" Abi groaned. This wasn't good. It would just lead to her reminiscing on something and sitting there for too long a time.

"What's going to happen this christmas?" There was a trip going on, Abi was looking forward to it. As usual, the annual ski trip to Maine for the new year. "It's so soon" She pondered quietly, Abi had no idea what to do presents wise. Darnell was difficult to shop for, she and no idea what to get him until the last minute. This year was exactly the same. Even for all of her friends, the standard jewellery, cd presents were so boring but she did always like what she gave them and received in return. Whatever she chose, she supposed, it'd be cool.

Abi had gone to the ski resort each year, mostly. She had always had tons of fun, skiing was brilliant! Something suddenly struck her, she hadn't had a chance to actually speak to the girls about what had happened between them. Suddenly getting caught up in it all, they would've heard rumours and the occasional text, but apart from that. They really needed to catch up. "Darnie?" She looked up at him, those cute green eyes "Have you spoken to El recently?" Abi was just curious, she was beginning to feel bad to be so caught up in her own little world it felt like she didn't have time to talk to her friends.

It wasn't as if it would be like that all the time. Abi would just talk to them when she next saw them in the common room and they weren't rushing around so much. Between rehearsals for White Christmas and organising things for New Years, it was getting pretty hectic!
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:39 am

Darnell was just thinking about El when Abi questioned him. He shook his head. No, he'd wanted to though. He sent him a text, said there was something he was going to have to tell him- it was the whole Abi thing of course. He was keeping it to himself until he saw his friend face to face, but both guys were pretty busy, El stuck like glue to Nikki- and Darnell found himself doing the same with Abi. He didn't blame the guy for stalking his girl the way he did; it was just how those things went.

The Christmas thing Darnell had not been thinking about. He really didn't like holidays involving gifts. All that rah rah about getting stuff, it wasn't his thing- he had no money for one thing, so he felt weird, guilty-ish when he got stuff knowing all he could do was make stuff out of trash to give back.

"I'll talk to El soon; and about the whole Christmas thing- I'm definitely going to the Ski resort for that and New Years. And you are right? So we'll be together to celebrate the festivities and whatnot." He hoped she wasn't planning on getting anything for him- but then that was stupid, of course she was. Girls did those things- automatically- like it was hardwired into them or something. Chicks. Gotta love 'em anyway. "What do you want for Christmas?" He risked the question, having the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that whatever it was, it was something way outside of his budget range.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:25 am

Abi loved being with Darnell, it was just how things went. The girls would understand that, she wasn't abandoning them or anything either, she was just off with someone else alot of the time - with her boyfriend. Even with Christmas around the corner, they would all exchange gifts as usual with that amazing Christmas spirit! Complete with a santa hat and those weird elf slippers that Abi had found as a joke present - with little bells at the end."Yeah! Definitely!" She could imagine them shouting happy new year with the rest of their friends. Shouting out as loud as she could and having the best time with the people she loved, even that new years kiss that couples always did. Abi hadn't experienced that, but it always did look quite cute.

Abi shrugged, anything Darnell did was cool. "Don't mind!" Things Darnell had made looked impressive, it was the small things that meant something that she loved. Darnell nearly always made those and they normally turned out as her favourite. "So long as I get my Christmas kiss!" She grinned, "I'll be happy with whatever" Abi didn't mind. Darnell was her boyfriend, what more could she ask for at Christmas!? Surely he counted as her Christmas present? She almost laughed at the thought of Darnell wrapped up in wrapping paper with a giant bow. Abi looked down at the floor, tilting her head to look up at him, "What about you? What do you want?" She asked.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:27 am

Darnell was relieved to hear that Abi'd be going on the ski trip. For a moment he considered her not going, and what a total bummer that'd be. He sulked mentally, thinking about himself sitting alone on an empty couch in front of a fire while the snow whistled wildly outside...

"Agh, great!!!" He exclaimed, the vision of Abi apparating into the daydream, sitting beside him, wrapped in ski lodge blankets and with hot chocolate on the table. She'd probably really like that, he thought, and decided to make it a plan. Hot chocolate and blankets and open fire. He was going to do that for her, somehow.

"Christmas kiss? Pft, you have everyday kisses!" He kissed her to prove his point.

He shrugged. He hated when people asked him what he wanted. "I'm a pretty happy guy right now. All I've got to do to make life perfect is get completely straightedge again... I'm 99% happy right now." Before Abi, he'd been more like... 1%, when they were just friends, he was like... 60% maybe. It was hard to judge, but she'd definitely been the most happiness-making person in his life. "So... my Christmas kiss would suit me just fine." He pressed his nose against hers. "Think Santa'll approve?" He laughed.
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:25 am

Abi laughed at Darnells enthusiasm, it would be so much fun. The snow, the late night hot chocolates in front of warm fires, while snuggled up in front of it with Darnell. She was about to argue that Christmas kisses were slightly different when he kissed her, quickly shutting her up momentarily. As soon as she was able to talk, a dazed look upon her for a minute or so, Abi opened her mouth "Christmas kisses are different! That's why they're called Christmas kisses!" Abi bit her lip, "Everyday kisses are still good" She grinned cheekily.

Changing her expression as the conversation grew serious, she nodded, smiling at him. Abi was very happy, despite what had happened between them, Darnell was perfect. She loved him too much, she didn't know what would happen if .. anything did happen. She would go from being 100% happy to.. 0% in seconds. When they had that fight, it was like then, as if she would just have to leave forever and just curl up somewhere. When she was friends with him, she was still happy, if she could rate it, it would be about 80%. Abi was always happy with him, she never stopped laughing.

"He'd better, or I'll be having words" Abi winked, sliding her face down to reach his lips. Taking the chance to show him her point, Abi kissed him - probably longer than necessary, but all the same she stopped and looked at him pointedly. "Completely different to Christmas kisses!" Then she frowned "... You'll have to wait 'til Christmas!" Abi realised how silly her plan was, a smile taking over, she tried not to laugh. Darnell would have to wait a few days to find out how much better Christmas kisses were. Not that.. Abi had had many.

"Then it'll be new year!" Abi exclaimed. They would be at the ski resort then, having the time of their lives, she couldn't wait!!
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Darnell Allred Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:15 am

Darnell didn't dare arguing with the Christmas kiss vs. Everyday kiss argument Abi brought up, lest the entire idea of kisses be soured by the disagreement. And that would be bad. Very bad. He was pleased anyway, just knowing Abi recognized the overall goodness of the Everyday kiss.

He was slightly surprised, and completely gladdened by the kiss Abi gave to him. He savored the feel of her lips against his, and frowned when it was over. He'd have to wait until Christmas for the better Christmas kisses... he laughed, unable to imagine how things could get better for him, and wondering, in that cynical way of his- what would be happening between then and now to wipe his smile from his face. Oh Darnie, couldn't the good things last? Did he have to be so suspicious of his good fortune?

Yes. It just was how it was.

"New Year..." Darnie smiled. "Next year's gonna be pretty awesome. Marks less than a year 'til we're out of this place... until we're out there in the world together, y'know?" He thought on that for a moment, hardly paying any attention to the wording he'd used. It didn't feel like a big deal.

Writers block.
This sucks, I know. :[
Darnell Allred
Darnell Allred
Band Aid
Band Aid

Back to top Go down

Post  Abigail Applebottom Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:36 am

Abi watched him for a moment, his expression changing. Then, he smiled and Abi was happy again. It was like switching off a light, a light that when it was switched off made Abi sad to see it off too. She grinned trying not to squeal like a mad thing, "Scary stuff!" Abi ginned madly instead, "It's going to be.. amazing!" She noted what he said, going out in the big wide 'world together'. It certainly rolled off the tongue. Abi was happy to hear him say that, of course that was exactly what they would do. It wasn't as if it was any big a deal than it was in the beginning, it was comforting to finally hear him say it without sounding so unsure.

"We'll rock it. For sure!" She gave a firm bouncing nod, with a little peace sign before holding her hand out for a high five. It was still scary, although she was beginning to forget the year that she would still be stuck here. Abi had no idea how that would go, without seeing him around there with her. Being almost alone, without Jane, Audrey and Nikki she didn't think she would be able to continue. Still. It wouldn't be the same. It just made this year, all the more important.

"I think we are done for the day" She looked around the empty hall, "I don't think we are getting much work done sitting here" Abi smiled.
Abigail Applebottom
Abigail Applebottom
Song Bird
Song Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next